|I love my self just as I am today|
Heroin addicts can recover.
I lived a life of addiction, crime to support my habit, and isolation from my family and from true inside self. I was a prisoner to the drug and to the lifestyle of active addiction. I used for 16 years straight. No time off for good behavior, my birthday, Christmas, nothing. I lived to use and used to live. Heroin and cocaine where the General and I was the soldier and everyday we marched.
I'd say hey, "what about my kids and those Christmas presents?", and the general would say "steal those presents, we've got to march." I'd say yo it's my birthday I want to see my Mother, the General would say "go to Mom's - get the birthday money, then we've got march." "General I am tired and sick, I broke my foot." General says "I don't care we are on a long march now."
Today in Recovery my life is sweet.
I love taking kind loving care of myself and being able to give my loved ones the gift of spending some sober time with them. The picture is of my legs in the hair salon hair.
1. I pamper myself on a regular basis.
2. I go to bed on time and get up on time.
3. Mindful eating means food nourishes my body to live strong & healthy.
4. I visit my 90 year old Mother with out an agenda, I make time for her interests.
5. I visit my kids and Grandchildren being present as long as they want me to be, in love and respect.
6. My legs are 61 years old doing yoga and running my dog everyday.
7. I get a spray on tan so I feel that I look beautiful. I give gifts of health and well being to myself.
8. My husband & myself are both clean and sober we live a life of love in peaceful co-existence together.
9. Our home is comfortable, we have the same dog for 11 years, we are stable.
10. We go to AA meetings to see long term and new friends there. I love the program.
11. We are even into a church that is just right for us. We are loved there.
12. The best lesson learned is to give and receive love effectively.
I know hundreds of thousands of clean addicts living the "really good life" all around the world.
It CAN happen for you.
I'd love to help you get started. My big strategy in treating addicts in recovery programs is to give dignity & respect. I believe we call on the real soul of the person. I don't treat the drug addiction, I treat the spark of life that wants and craves a better life for themselves. Wits Inn Recovery 949-292-2000
|I am who I want to be now that I am clean|
I may be an alternative type person but I do no harm